Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Town

This is the story of our family. The Bensons. We are a family of 3 and two dogs. Luke, Courtney, and Remington. The Dogs? They are Sug and Horton. We live in Bensonville! I have started a couple different blogs, but have slacked on those, I wanted to have one about the whole family instead of individual blogs like I had before. We are a very dependent family, we rely on each other and do a lot together. So, here is my first blog about all of us, as a whole!


Along our journey through Bensonville, we will often travel to Austinburg and Nashtown.


Austinburg is Courtney's side of the Family and consists of Ken A.K.A. Paw, Lori A.K.A. Gee Gee and Luke Mostly Known As Bubbie!


Nashtown is Luke's Mom and Stepdad, Patty A.K.A. Gramma and Bob A.K.A. Poppa.


Now that you have an idea of the map of the land, lets get this show on the road!


The most recent member added to the family is Horton. Horton is a 15 week old Basset Hound. He is the cutest thing and is fitting into the family nicely. We got Horton last Thursday, and already he and Remington are like peas and carrots ( to quote Forest Gump ). They have been buds since the first time they laid eyes on each other. Which, if any of you out there have kids would know, is exactly what you want from a puppy for your kiddo!

Sug, our 6 year old Boxer/Rottweiler, on the other hand had to warm up to the idea of having another dog around to take the attention away from her. Now they are playing together, and even today I watched Horton clean Sug's ears for her. I think that, though Sug won't admit it totally, she likes having the company to play with.

I do believe we made a great choice in picking the perfect puppy for our family! I will keep you posted on Horton and how he continues to fit into the family. There are a few other pets over in Austinburg that aren't so happy he's moved to town! Horton will win them over eventually, I have a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment