Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stink and Sick, Sicker, Sickest

I remember when I was little my mom would read me a chapter a night of "Charlotte's Web". I have started to do the same with Remington. We have read 3 chapter books so far. I have picked two different series for kids, we have read two from "Hank the Cow Dog" and one from "Stink". I love the "Hank the Cow Dog" series but the chapters are quite long for a 4 year old to sit through, so that is why I started the new "Stink" series. The chapters are shorter and a little more easy for Remington to sit through and comprehend. Remington loves to read his books at night and I love reading to him too. Do you have any books you love to read to your kiddos? I would love some suggestions and I highly recommend the books I have mentioned here.

On another note, Poor Remington has been sick lately. Rem seems to get sick at least once a month. I don't think that it's too abnormal for a kid these days to get sick often but I wish I could keep him healthier. There is nothing worse than having your child sick. You just want to scoop 'em up and take away everything that makes them feel badly, and laying awake at night listening to him cough just breaks my heart! Luckily I have some of the most amazing and accommodating bosses that never make me feel guilty about having to take time off to take care of my son, and they always have an understanding and empathy. That means a lot to a mother!!

On to more adventures, check back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment